I just deleted from my favorites a site I've been participating in of late due to it being from my home state a bit south of where I am now. After trying to participate I found almost every thread digressed due to a few who seem to have taken it upon themselves to be the thread steering committee. They usually ended up in a dogfight with foul language and sexual references abounding. Despite repeated tries to ask forum members to be and act civil, with vehement responses, I realized that it wasn't a site for me and left.

Now, to the gist of this thread - THANK YOU FAOL and administrators, especially owner Deanna, for making and keeping this site such a user friendly place to come and talk about fly fishing and all of it's accompanyng addictions .

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who participate here. I know there have been instances where opinions have differed and sometimes egos have become involved, nevertheless it is a wonderful place to come and find folks who choose being kind over being right and practice the art of agreeing to civilly disagree. When that hasn't happened, admin folks are there to jump in the middle of it and help us all to get along. Thank you!

Well, that is my 'rant' for the day, so let's get back to flyfishing and tying discussions!

Kelly.