Thread: NorCal beauty with one of our own

Threaded View

Default NorCal beauty with one of our own

I've been meaning to file this report for quite a while, but the combination of being on the road and getting hit with a boatload of work upon return, prevented me from letting you all know about one of our own -- MontanaMoose -- and the OUTSTANDING job he did as fishing buddy, guide, tour coordinator, and hostel manager

My brother (from Montana) and I wanted to experience some true northern California trout waters. Knowing 'Moose had these waters dialed, we set up a time to get together and it was game on. We were shown some stunning waters and fished 'till we dropped. 'Moose opened his home up for us and we crashed only long enough to eat and sleep and then get back to the fishing. He really went out of his way, considering he drove down from Oregon to meet us, and we now have some memories that are permanently embedded.

Way to go 'Moose! This was a real adventure!

A little hard to see, but my brother is mid cast (center right). Note to self: watch the back cast when near the bank:

One of the views upstream:

The results of a nice caddis dry:

Rivers like this are true gems:

It's really hard to leave places like this:

Although it appears this way, it's not true. My brother cannot walk on water

So, who wants to fish?

John
    Last edited by jburge; 08-24-2010 at 04:05 PM.