+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GOOD AND PERFECT GIFTS - Readers cast (Neal Alexander) - August 23, 2010

Blog Entries

Default GOOD AND PERFECT GIFTS - Readers cast (Neal Alexander) - August 23, 2010

GOOD AND PERFECT GIFTS

I don?t have much time to fish and it?s unbearably hot. As I walk the trail to one of my favorite ponds I can feel the humidity thick in the air. Perspiration starts to form on my forehead and neck even before I step out of the woods onto the pond?s bank. I really love this place! No one ever fishes it but me and it?s full of bluegill, green sunfish and largemouth bass. Sure, it's covered with mats of vegetation (not too pleasing to the eye), but where the water is fishable the action is lights out!*

That was a wonderful read. Thank you for quelling my fears of idol worship, and pointing out that fly fishing is a "Good and Perfect Gift."
    Blessings,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Good story, I cut and pasted it to our ministers several of whom fish. I have heard for years, "The Lord doesn't count the time you spend fishing against your allotted time on earth."
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I for one can say that fly fishing was gifted back to me, with out telling along story, I, at one point in time had let it go, it came back to me litterly in the form of a gift... I take it as such and treat it that way too, I was willing to never do it again, but that wasn't the way it was suppossed to be... I am thankful.
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Thanks for all your replies! I'm glad you enjoyed my writing.

+ Reply to Thread