+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you like fries with that? yes I would...:)

Hybrid View

Default Would you like fries with that? yes I would...:)

I'm being sent to a different place for work for the weekend, I have friends who have told me of a nice place to check out for fishing. They haven't been there for along time so they want a report. Sooo, this is gonna be an attemp to make it a combo trip, work and fishing, if it turns out to be a bust, I'll report that, but here goes, camping gear and all is ready... Here goes................
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Ok, heres the deal, I'm back, I wanna say the weekend was a bust, but over all it wasn't, fishing wise I have to say that it was, there was no water in the stream I went to fish, So i didn't fish, I didn't camp out there as planned, I stayed at a hotel. I did however go to the local fly shop and got some info on the stream that was good, I was just there at the wrong time. alot of that stream runs under ground so when the water is that low, the trouts are down under...
    so I guess I did get fries, they was just cold.............
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Well, at least it was a productive scouting mission! Sorry it didn't go as hoped.

It's tough to go into an area the first time and find a place where there is fishable water accessible to the public that actually has fish in it.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread