Thread: Nice Day

Threaded View

Talking Nice Day

Zac and i met at sedgwick county park to fish the creek. tis the first time we'd put an eyeball on each other for a few years. he's so young he hasn't changed. i've been thru so much i've changed a lot. anyway we fished most of the morning from 7:30 on. caught numerous gills and green sunfish, all small maybe 5" for the largest gill. zac managed a crappie that was the biggest. first time for me fly fishing for several yeas and i held up much better than i expected to. got more exercise than i'd had in about 6 months and my shoulder is a bit sore. the great thing is i'm really relaxed like at peace within myself. zac was magnanimous! he showed many many good spots to fish along the creek, pretty much showed me the entire thing. i got my fish with 2 flies both soft hackle with peacock. one is a modified prince nymph, pheasant tail fiber tail, peacock hurl body, fine gold wire ribbing, fine white rubber leg wing and jungle cock hackle. the other is nymph in the finest trout tradition, pheasant tail fiber tail, chartreuse dubbing under body (very thin) larva lace over body, fine copper wire ribbing, peacock hurl thorax, jungle cock hackle. those free-kin fish didn't like bead heads at all today. i'll get pix up of the flies as soon as i tie a few more. the fish chewed them up pretty bad, hackles ripped, rugger legs gone, peacock hurl bodies blasted.

One Thing To Say To Close.

THANKS ZAC!!
    Last edited by Wes; 08-20-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net