I can definitely attest to the golfers! I live on a golf course and the entirety of my fishing this summer has been in the pond that lies between the tee box and the green for #6. I was fishing the green side one afternoon and saw some golfers on the tee box...I waved them to play through. Their first couple of shots either went wide or in the drink. The last one they tried started coming right towards me...I tried to get out of it's way by it skipped on the water 2 feet in front of me then bounced through my legs...fortunately it was a low bounce!

But its a small price to pay for the opportunity to fish this water - loaded with bluegill and bass and there are few carp in there that I've been trying to figure out how to catch.

Here's the funny thing...there's a row of houses with the back yards along the fairways, a street and a row of houses on the opposite facing towards the golf course. When ever I go for walks I always find balls that have hooked left of the fairway, OVER the house & street and have ended up in the yards of the houses on the other side of the street. Now I'm a golfer but even in my crappiest game I've NEVER hooked a ball that bad, nor that frequently! But at least I never have to buy balls to play...I just go for a walk and I'll fill my pockets with balls in 30 minutes!