+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threader...:)

Default Threader...:)

Just found out something and you all prob know it already but thought I would pass it along...
    I was fixin the zipper on my sleeping bag and went to get out a needle and thread from an sowing kit I had back up in the closet and guess what I found? A threader! It looks kinda cheap and not durable but hey ...Its better than the one I have...lol What the heck, its going in my fly box........ Cost nothing...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I ask my wife to get me a couple of threaders several years ago, which she did. I found they were too large for the flies where I really needed help. A couple of years back I bought a little fly box which had the threaders in it, then I accidently pulled the wire out of one of the plastic base. I replaced it with a strand from a multi-strand wire leader. Which give the idea of putting threaders in my nymph boxes. Those 16 soft hackles were a little bit of a challenge yesterday in the shade. Thanks for stimulating the noodle.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread