Don't give up. There are things you can do to improve your distance if you truly believe that the fish are out of your range. Getting a stripping basket to hold your running line can add to your reach. If you are using a standard weight forward line, consider a shooting head line. My personal favorite is an Airflo 40+ and from my Puget Sound area beaches I use both a floater and an intermediate. There are other options of shooting head lines like the Rio Outbound, Outbound short and the Wulff Ambush. I have used them all and prefer the Airflo, but the Ambush is growing on me fast. These lines have their weight concentrated in a very short forward section and then tapers quickly down to a fine running line. I like all the heads but the ridge running lines on the Airflo have been most effective for me. A stripping basket and shooting head line will add distance with practice. Improved casting, stripping basket and shooting head might make you reach 20+ feet further. Another option that I started from the beach two summers ago was going to a switch rod. I now fish from the beach with a 11' switch rod using a two handed overhead casting stroke and can really put line out there...and I'm a horrible caster. I can not cast as far as the best buzz bomb and spinner slingers, but I can outcast many of them with my switch rod, shooting line and fly. Best of luck.