Quote Originally Posted by anglerdave View Post
Those that feel they have to line up to get a fast action rod to cast better, IMHO need to either work on their casting, or perhaps may find a moderate to moderate fast action rod to me suitable to their casting style.
that's a pretty broad statement. While this may be the case, it also may not be.

Personally, I like a slower action rod, It has nothing to do with how good or poor my casting ability is (I would say I'm an above average caster). For example, I have this great 5/6wt. fiberglass rod that I'll typically fish with a 6wt line for the vast majority of my fishing...trout, bass, panfish. Now, if I'm throwing dries to trout, I'll go with the standard 6wt line and it performs very nicely. If I'm throwing streamers where I have to really sling some line out, I'll put on a 200 grain shooting head and that makes it very easy to throw a ton of line...now, 200 grains is just 2 grains short of the lower window for an 8wt line...quite a difference. That has nothing to do with me needing to learn how to cast, but everything to do with the style of fishing I'm doing at that time.