Flybugpa's idea about using two different flies with different colored post should take care of any concerns about a fish avoiding the bright color. Just set the hook on any funny thing happening near the bright spot. Space the flies about 10 inches apart.
Eight Thumbs, no doubt that pink sticks out. The water I was fishing with it was gin clear. It had a fair amount of fishing traffic over the last week. The creek was just starting to warm up at the end of the run off but the water was still running very high. The fish were all small wild browns and bows and some hold over bows from the previous years stocking. No stocking had occurred due to the late runoff. If it had been the end of the season the fish might have been more selective.
In the late afternoon when the sun was off the creek and the creek was in subdued light but with lots of shimmering glare there was less detail visible. Putting on my polarized sunglasses made it even darker. I found it hard to navigate around with the glasses on. So I would take the glasses off to move around and then put them back on once in position to fish. Size 12 tent wing caddis and size 14 stimulators that worked well earlier in the day were very hard to pick up on the water. I may have had a good number of strikes on them for all I know. That little tiny pink post would instantly stick out like a neon sign even in heavy current. Sometimes it helped me keep track of the bigger fly also.
One thing I do know from a number of experiences over the years using hot pink or hot orange posts is:
Not seeing the fly means no fish. Seeing the fly means a lot more enjoyment out of the experience and at least some fish and sometimes a good number of fish.