+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sage SP 8'9 5wt 5pc......

Hybrid View

Default Sage SP 8'9 5wt 5pc......

I broke mine and am looking to find replacement pieces. I know it is a long shot, but I figured what the heck. I was going to send to Sage but they want all the pieces, not just the pieces that are broke??? I heard they send a replacement, but not an SP..... I do not want a replacement.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Benf;yfishin,

Send it in to Sage. You will get your rod back with a new section. The SP has been out of production for so long that they may or may not have a section in stock that fits well, that is why they want the whole rod, to make sure the sections on either side fit well. If they don't, then what they have done for me in the past is make a new section out of the same graphite material. Worst case option is you have to get a new rod, not that bad of a deal. I have a 6 weight 9 foot 5 piece SP that I love and I take it with me as a back up rod since it fits into such a small case. The SP was/is a great rod. Let's hope they can replace your broken section. I sure hope they can because if I break mine I would want it back.

Larry ---sagefisher---

I sent my Sage LL in for a broken tip last year, and they made me a new one, good as new. I think the SP is newer than the LL, so surely they could replace your piece. If not, I think they would send it back so you could keep looking.

Thanks for the info! I will send the rod and see what happens. Hopefully they can just repair it.

Good luck Ben. Those SOHO butterbellies will be groaning for sure when they see your shadow from afar.

hahaha, you too my friend. I keep daydreaming about them butterbellies.......mmmmm

+ Reply to Thread