+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fly tying videos in 720p

Hybrid View

Default fly tying videos in 720p

While I can read a recipe as well as the next fellow, I much prefer to watch how a tier manipulates thread and materials in a video. I have come to love watching Davie McPhail on YouTube and have several other nice sites that show tying sequences in video.

One of the things that I have missed though was quality video when watching most links on places like YouTube. While looking up a vise review I ran across these tying videos. While the link the watch them is a little weird on my machine, (I can't just click on the 720p link) many of the newer videos on this site show the tying sequence in 720p. That High Definition fellows.

Now to one of the quirks on the site for me. I click on the name or the photo to bring up the step by step tying sequence still picture array. Now scroll to the bottom and hit the YouTube link. This works for me but hitting the 720 p link directly doesn't work for me.

If you are willing to put up with a little hunt and peck, I think that you will find the videos enjoyable: http://www.flyfishohio.com/Adventures_in_Fly_Tying.htm

Normand Guest

it works for me. are you sure its not going to a "download" folder somewhere on your computer?

the "fatal attraction" is 430 mb of disc space. that will take over an hour to download

it'll go to the windows temp folder unless y'all right click, save link as and choose a folder, that is unless your browser is set to handle .wmv files.

i d/l in about 6 min. @ 1.2 Mbps, a small portion of my bandwidth. i think the server limits d/l speed.
    Last edited by Wes; 08-02-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Blog Entries

Fly Fish Ohio has some top notch videos, I learned a lot from Joe. He is a fantastic tyer, and I love the history and things he talks about while tying too.

I wasn't on the computer yesterday much, sorry for the late response. It very well could my computer Normand. It's getting old and I dream of a new one.

However it works for you to get to the links, I find them nicely done with great detail in the 720p format. I hope that other tiers enjoy them too.

Rick

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

I spent 3 years on Cincinnati before moving to Oklahoma last year and the Fly Fish Ohio site was a source of sanity for me as I figured out where to fish.

I also really got into tying there as well thanks to the site and their tutorials. They do an EXCELLENT job and I've learned a LOT of tricks and short cuts just through watching them.
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

+ Reply to Thread