While I can read a recipe as well as the next fellow, I much prefer to watch how a tier manipulates thread and materials in a video. I have come to love watching Davie McPhail on YouTube and have several other nice sites that show tying sequences in video.

One of the things that I have missed though was quality video when watching most links on places like YouTube. While looking up a vise review I ran across these tying videos. While the link the watch them is a little weird on my machine, (I can't just click on the 720p link) many of the newer videos on this site show the tying sequence in 720p. That High Definition fellows.

Now to one of the quirks on the site for me. I click on the name or the photo to bring up the step by step tying sequence still picture array. Now scroll to the bottom and hit the YouTube link. This works for me but hitting the 720 p link directly doesn't work for me.

If you are willing to put up with a little hunt and peck, I think that you will find the videos enjoyable: http://www.flyfishohio.com/Adventures_in_Fly_Tying.htm