Well I hate to do this because I Just built this rod for myself and I absolutely love everything about it except one thing, it's just a tad faster than what I wanted it to be. Most guys like a faster rod so this will be right up just about everyone here's alley most likely, but for me I like a more moderate action rod for dry fly use which is what I built this for and its just slightly faster than I wanted. So rather than stick it in the rod rack with the other 100 rods I have I'm going to put this one out there for sale because I think it's too purdy to be hidden in a rack in the shop and not used.

I took it outside and test cast it but didn't even get it on the water so it is brand new.

Price Shipped in the USA (in PVC Tube and Insured) $275

Best way to contact me is to email me at steve@midwestcustomflyrods.com as well as sending me a Pm here.

Here's the description from when I built it on July 6th-

This is a SCIV burgundy colored St Croix 9' 5wt 2pc blank. The reel seat is one of the new design style of window seats from American Tackle with a carbon fiber insert in it. Then I used the Alps printer to print out a "fish Bones" design and put that in the window of the seat and coated it with finish. I also "flipped" the fish bones image so that both sides have the fish facing forward when you look at it. The grip is rubberized cork ends with a mix of brown burl cork, 1/4" burnt cork, and some of Mudhole's dark mix exotic cork in both 1/4" and 1/2". I also coated the whole grip with UB40 cork sealer to make the colors of the cork pop better.

Main wraps are Gudebrod Classic Twist Red&Black (CP'ed) with single turn mettalic silver trim on both the inner and outer edges of the wraps as well as a single turn in the center of the wraps. Also has some white 5 turn trim on the inscription area, stripper guide, and ferule wrap only. Also did a long base layer of plain Garnet (CP'ed) under the ST Croix logo before I put down the logo.

Other details include a Knurled Nickle Silver winding check, a elk button trimmed down to fit the rear butt cap of the seat, and a 20" wrap measuring mark on the rod.

Steve