Recently, I posted that I would be willing to trade an unfished, uncast, Switch Rod Combo for an inexpensive pontoon boat offered on sale at Cabela's. As it turns out, someone was willing to try my idea of an original trading transaction. He said he wanted the Switch Combo, so I said I'd be willing to send it to him if he would buy the Pontoon Boat from Cabela's and ship it to my local Cabela's store for me to pick up. I give Kudos to Gemrod for trying this idea, and Kudos to Cabela's for never saying no. All three parties involved were willing to try something new, and we may have just discovered a new way of Selling/Trading. I built the Switch Rod with the expectation of being able to use it. However, I find I can no longer wade and I was in need of a portable fishing platform. This entire deal had some minor kinks but all three were willing to see it through. Now all I have to do is drive the 5 miles to my local Cabela's and pick up the boat. Then mail via priority mail and insured, the Switch Rod Combo to Gemrod. I'll pick up the boat tomorrow and mail the combo on Monday.
Good Deal!