+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ordered Bear Spray Today

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Ordered Bear Spray Today

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Ordered some today. Way too many bears and dogs out there when I fish. There has been cougar sightings also.

Very good idea, though I have not seen any cougars here in Northwestern Indiana the DNR has confirmed sightings as well as trail camera photos.
    Remember we all live down stream

Blog Entries

I saw this at the local Forest Service office a while back....

WARNING! When going into bear country one should always carry pepper-spray and wear cowbells. And when you are in bear country you need to know what species of bear you may encounter. In Black Bear country you will see small footprints with short claws, and occasionally a torn up bush. In Grizzly Bear country you will find large footprints, with long claws, and there will be stumps uprooted and torn apart. The easiest way to tell what bear you may encounter is by looking at the droppings. Black bear droppings have small bones, berry seeds, and sometimes fur. Grizzly bear droppings however have cowbells and smell like pepper spray! So PLEASE be careful!
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    I saw this at the local Forest Service office a while back....

WARNING! When going into bear country one should always carry pepper-spray and wear cowbells. And when you are in bear country you need to know what species of bear you may encounter. In Black Bear country you will see small footprints with short claws, and occasionally a torn up bush. In Grizzly Bear country you will find large footprints, with long claws, and there will be stumps uprooted and torn apart. The easiest way to tell what bear you may encounter is by looking at the droppings. Black bear droppings have small bones, berry seeds, and sometimes fur. Grizzly bear droppings however have cowbells and smell like pepper spray! So PLEASE be careful!
    ROFLMAO.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

Have seen the same family group (sow and two cubs) numerous times near my home and have run in to three other bears while fishing in southwestern wisconsin. We have NOT had bears here in the past. I am way too fat and old and SLOW so bear pepper spray was in order.

I would hate to see what would happen if you were in a tent, a bear entered, and you lit off your bear bomb. It'd get you as bad as the bear, although being in pain and temporarily blinded probably beats hell out of being a component of bear poop.

+ Reply to Thread