+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving East, Way East!

Default Driving East, Way East!

Hi Group,

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on a long drive - from west Michigan to New Brunswick Canada - for a few days of Atlantic salmon fishing. I've never done this before so I'm very excited. We'll be casting 8 and 9 weights all day so I've carved out some room in my tackle bag for a big bottle of ibuprofen. I'm told by my friends up there that historically some fish are taken on big dry flies. How cool would that be! If you don't see any pictures of me sporting a "seg" and holding a beautiful fish you'll know I didn't have any luck. So pull for me!

Bob

Yay, Bob!!!! We DO expect to see fish pictures! You'll have a marvelous time ... with lots of salmon!!

Be safe!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

What a wonderful experience either way! This will of course require a story with photos. Of course.
    Hugs,
    LF

Blog Entries

It is moving on to August, think small drys and small low water wets.. cast well and often, enjoy even if you do not get into an Atlantic Salmon the king of fish, you can still get into nice Sea run Brook trout, pike and heaven help me for saying this BASS, there are strippers also..

Missing my home in NB..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishfairwx View Post
    I... there are strippers also..

Missing my home in NB..
    Salmon and STRIPPERS as well! When am I supposed to sleep?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BSwan View Post
    Salmon and STRIPPERS as well! When am I supposed to sleep?
    On any fly fishing adventure - SLEEP IS HIGHLY OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was posted to CFB Gagetown NB, I used to get up at 0400AM and fly fish the Saint John River, then go to my unit for PT, at around 0700, my SSGT would send me out to the back forty to run a RRB = sleep while the radios did the work!!!

He to was a Fly Fisher..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Hey there Bob,
    First of all it's GREAT to see you're posting again after a "spell". I've been asking Jim ( you know, the guy with the dog with odd coloring and (he) with lots of facial hair) about your well being etc. In any case, I hope you hook up with one or more of the big ones on your Canadian trek and make sure to take lotsa pics. Take care and have a safe trip.

Mark

PS: Are there any links on line to any of your performances?

Hey Mark, I think Bob did a guest vocal on the latest Snoop Dog C.D (That'll teach you to go salmon fishing and not invite me!) Have fun and drive safe.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Disclaimer so I don't get a clouser between the eyes. I'm not sure Bob knows who Snoop Dog is and I'm pretty sure he doesn't care who he is.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Hi Group,

I've been back for a couple of weeks and finally the house full of company has left. The trip to New Brunswick was fun, even the long drive. What a beautiful country we live in! It was the classic fishing story. The week before was wonderful; my host's son landed a 25 pounder the day before my arrival. Then someone threw the switch. Hot weather and high water temps slowed things waaaaay down. I caught one grilse of about 5 pounds and a handful of 14 - 16 inch brookies. Otherwise it was perfect. The food was great and homemade and homegrown - steaks, meatloaf, fiddlehead ferns, beautiful raspberry pie, etc. The locals are just the best - kind, generous, good humored. And I did receive a report not surprisingly that fishing really picked up 2 days after I left. Ah!

Snoop who?

+ Reply to Thread