Thread: Stripping basket (again)

Threaded View

Yes, the plastic box is $59 here: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=1433 BUT if you get on an Orvis mailing list they send you a $25 off coupon several times per year which can be used when you spend more than $50 in the store, so with the coupon it's $34 and that's how I bought mine. I know that many people make ones that are fine to use but after you buy the cones, silicone to glue it down and the basket you still have something that is cobbled together and like I said, I know me. Knowing myself translates into making 4 of them for more than one Orvis one would cost before I got out all of the wrinkles in the system then I would still probably go buy one because I wanted one.

A little off subject but here was a recent experience of mine. I bought a DanVise, wanted a nicer vise but said it would do. It was nice, BUT I wanted a nicer vise before I even picked this one up so I bought a Peak. The Peak was nice, but before I bought it I really wanted a Dyna-King Barracuda. It wasn't six months later that I bought the Barracuda. Did I save a dime? NO. I gave away, just yesterday the DanVise to a neighbor kid.

You might be different, but knowing me, I wouldn't save a penny making them myself in the long run. Now I will be quiet and read some more info on people that are happy with the ones that they make.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images