Well I am certainly glad to hear that Deb is doing well. Until I just got back to work today I had no idea that she was a member here. We were just in Yellowstone for a couple of days and was driving through the Park on Wed. morning and in fact stopped to fish for a half hour around the camp ground on Slough Creek. We drove on up to Soda Butte but didn't go up to the camp ground. I wonder how much information was given out until the news got hold of the story. There were people all over the creek and the Lamar river fishing, and many of the pull outs were full of cars and people hiking and picnicking around 11:30 or noon. I never saw a Park Ranger other than one driving on the road going back toward Slough Creek, or any signs or any thing that might warn people. Since it was the middle of the day and it was a little crowded with people and buffalo we just turned around and made the loop over to West Yellowstone.. We didn't even hear anything about the attacks until late Wed night after we got back to the camper about half way between Livingston and Gardner. That really freaked my wife out so we headed home a couple of days early. Now, I just can't believe that there was not more of a presence of Park personnel just a few hours after a fatal bear attack just a couple of miles away. Of course best wishes for a COMPLETE RECOVERY for Deb and great sympathy for the family of the gentleman who was killed, and thanks everyone for all the links to more of the story than I had read so far.