+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Not So

Spare me from teenage daughters...we had four of them....but they're pretty nice once they get some sense...or at least think we do.

To JohnLL, and all the others struggling with tying this awesome streamer pattern, and all the FAOL Members that asked me to submit this as a "Fly of the Week"

I spoke to John Rohmer two nights ago and explained to him about your desire to have this pattern submitted as a "Fly of the Week" , after a little jovial razzing, he invited me over to take step-by-step photographs of this pattern.

John was delighted at your excitement over this fly and agreed to do the tying while I did the photographing.

I know I could have submitted my own photos and they probably would have been acceptable, but hey, why not get them right from the Master himself?

John is first and foremost a fly fishing addict just like the rest of us, he is also a Master Fly Tyer, Author, Inventor, Co-Owner of Arizona Flyfishing, and Manufacturer of many different fly tying materials, and more importantly than all of that, I'm glad to call him "friend".

Wish me luck on getting great step-by-step photos, I will be listening and watching John in hopes of garnering any little tying "secrets" he might share with us.

Thanks to all of you who have offered positive support and encouragement, it is truly appreciated.

Terry
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

The Arizona Diamond Hair is available at Arizona Flyfishing in Tempe (see akalooker's post at the top of this thread for website.) I called there today and had a nice conversation with Steve, while ordering one of each color available. He told me that John Rohmer is the manufacturer as well as the tyer and the seller. I can't wait to tie with the material. It should make great baitfish for our white bass run, the reds and specks at the coast, and the Arctic Char and Lake Trout I have in mind this summer.

mickmcco,

Now I'm getting jealous, wish I was there to help you with all those fish, can I be your wingman!

akalooker
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

Just updated the Original Post to include additional fly colors and the material colors to tie them.

Also "REVISED" the tying instructions after visiting with John Rohmer to take the Step-By-Step tying photos, make sure you print out a new copy.

John also said "he always ties this pattern with weight now"

This fly pattern will be submitted as a FOTW soon!

Terry

Bump! for paflyfisher.

Here it is, all the tying info on this fly and photos of completed flies.

Working on FOTW submission.

Terry

AKA - Thanks Bro.

+ Reply to Thread