+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tryin' to keep from getin' a new fishin buddy

Default Tryin' to keep from getin' a new fishin buddy

Splitditch,
    Every now and then I stop in at the animal shelter to see what the latest crop of Dawgs looks like. There was a beautiful hunting type of very uncertain ancestry that I liked and he seemed to be a very good dog, 18 months old...Light Cahill colored with a little mottled tan around his muzzle balanced by a tan ring at the base of his tail. His eyes were bright legs straight ...beautiful! I asked the lady what he's doing at the shelter and she said that the guy loved the dog but his wife hated him. The wife said "either the dog goes or I go." Had I been in his shoes, I think I'd have made the other choice.

Ol' Bill

[This message has been edited by snipe (edited 07 March 2005).]

And on the other hand, Snipe, SHE may have been quite a fox too.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Propably me too ....

A good fishin' buddy is important:

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:cf823]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:cf823]
    Christopher Chin

Marco..
    Yeah, She'd have to be!

Is That your puppy, Christopher? Looks as if he's watching minnows like my old Gordon Setter did.

Bill

Dear snipe,

I'm certainly not telling you what to do, but I posted on this board after I lost my dog. I wondered if anyone had good experiences with dogs adopted from local pounds.

I was encouraged by most posters who offered good stories about pound puppies. I took the dog that was offered by my neighbor, she initially came from the pound.

It's been a month now, both of us are much happier than we were before.

I don't know how she will be as an actual honest to God fishing dog, but as a companion and all round bestest buddy she is top notch.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

Bill,

Yes indeed. Kenny will sit and watch a pool for a VERY long time. Once a salmon jumps or porpoises, forget it, he's there for the day, waiting to see another. not a "water" dog, he doesn't jump into the pool and chase salmon (like jack's Chesapeak)

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/:de79c]http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris_chin/[/url:de79c]
    Christopher Chin

Hi,

Just don't go for a fox terrier - great dog, heart much bigger than brain, good mate BUT loves nothing better than chasing my casts, unless it's going after rising fish.

Took him for a drive around Oz a couple of years ago (sort of an extended fishing trip), and after a couple of months I started to wonder about the practicality of using a fox terrier fly, and fishing for crocs ! He survived, but I had to abandon fishing while travelling with him.

------------------
    "If fishing is a sport, then I must be an athlete!"

fishing buddies are good

Have fun
    paul

If ya dont like dogs what good are ya ....The more im around people the more I love my dog ....Had 5 at one time and now im down to 3 .... wife would go first anyday ... and she knows it..

------------------
    Mike

Marko
    Ain't no foxs as pretty as that pooch and I wasn't talkin' about her beauty but the fox's disposition and mindset! Dang! what a looser she must be to give a guy an ultimatum like that!

Have a look at Christopher Chin's fishin buddy siting there like a real champ! Just immagine being in a capsize with him and that fox swimmin' around. Which one are you going to save first? LOL

Ol' Bill The GRUMP

+ Reply to Thread