+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heading back to the flats.

Hybrid View

Default Heading back to the flats.

Hello everyone,

It's been a very long time since I have posted on this site. It's no coincidence that it's also been a long time since I've been fly fishing.

Some years ago I moved away from the south-east coast of Florida to Central Florida. Life kept me away from the flats for the last five years or so. I have been missing it greatly.

Now that the kids are easier for my wife to handle alone, I am heading back to the flats.

This weekend I will be wading the flats of Mosquito Lagoon once again. I am very excited about it. I just hope that my out of practice casting doesn't spark a massive fishkill from them laughing to death at me.

Will post pics if I remember to take them.

Ed

Good luck, Look forward to seeing some pics.
    All the best.
    Mike

Ed, Although I live in Wyoming, I have fished the Mosquito Lagoon many times. Sightfishing for redfish there is awesome fun. I can't wait to get back to try out the new 'under the docks at night' shrimp patterns to see if they work out on the flats, too.
    Salt Mysis 1- 800.jpg

Went out on a Saturday morning. Even though my buddy and I started out VERY early, a series of mishaps kept of from getting on the water before sun up. By the time we started fishing the fish where already turning off.

I had a trout crash my fly, but no takers. I had a couple of surges that where probably redfish. All this in the first ten minutes and then nothing. It was exciting to know they where there, but heartbreaking to know we just missed them.

Next time.
    Ed

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

Don01, Another land locked Mosquito Lagooner sitting out here in Rock River. Sure miss that lagoon and other IRL hotspots. Headed back this winter. Checked your website out--nice stuff Indeed!!
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

That shrimp would be perfect for winter fishing in the Lagoon but would probably need a weedguard.

+ Reply to Thread