+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Michigan Friends

Hybrid View

Default My Michigan Friends

Just upgraded my tent and am thinking of heading to Michigan for 2 or 3 nights of camping. Just can't make up my mind where to go. Any suggestions ? Might just have to head back to Keystone but not sure if I want to drive that far for such a short trip.
    Remember we all live down stream

Rifle River SRA near Rose City just north of Bay City. Several nice trout streams if the water is not too hot. The electric sites are a bit crowded but the rustic sites are very nice. Lake to swim in, eagles, loons, (maybe a bear) and did I mention trout?

Coming from your way I would suggest the pine or little manistee, plenty of places to camp by both. I have not been to the PM this year but that and the baldwin would be another option. It feels more like "upnorth" by going the few miles farther to the pine.
    -Jeff

Tim
    Google "Bear Track Campground" on the Little Manistee. The Little Manistee does not get the canoe/kayak traffic like the pine.

Hi Tim, If you can come on weekdays the Per Marquette has several campgrounds. On the weekends it is one solid line of canoes from 9 to 5. Jack's suggestion is good or I can show you an abandoned boy scout campground on the White river above White Cloud. It's a quarter mile hike in and there is no drinking water though. I have a fondness for the Jordan river campground but it is almost as far as the Au Sable. Let me know when and where you'll be around. Maybe we can get together to fish
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Well after checking out all suggestions and finding them all interesting I may only have 2 nights of camping do to work ( still waiting to see if they will let me have Thursday and Friday off )
    I think I am going to check out The Grand Rouge Campground just outside of Grand Rapids. It looks like it is in the vicinity of where the Rough meets up with the Grand. Grand should be fishing well for smalmouth but it might be tough to hook a trout in the Rough with its 72 degree water temp. Talked to Great Lakes Fly Shop and was told that the smallmouth are biting well in both the Grand and the lower Rough., Could also try the Flat. Bill and Jim I think you both live near enough to spend a day fishing with your bestest fishing buddy so if your interested give me a call 2196880753
    If all goes as pland I will be set up at the campground by 12 or 1 PM Thursday and heading for home Saturday night.
    Remember we all live down stream

+ Reply to Thread