+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'nuther ebay ?...how can one go back and lower their max bid?

Hybrid View

Default 'nuther ebay ?...how can one go back and lower their max bid?

I just learned how one can be bid up....after they have entered their max bid. I have a bid on an item on ebay. But I put it in 5 days ago. Un-expected expenses have come up. I would like to lower the max bid I currently have on an item. But when I go to "My Ebay" and find the item.....it only has an option to "increase" your max bid. I don't see a way to cancel my bid entirely...and then put in a lower max bid...or how to change my max bid.....

Anybody kow how?

Try clicking on "increase" then put your new lower bid in when prompted. I don't know if this will work but I'd at least give it a try.

Thanks guys. I went to the help screen. It lists acceptable reasons to lower or cancel a bid. It does NOT allow change due to my circumstances. So I find their policy for changing a bid unacceptable. If I lowered my bid....maybe I could afford it, or...someone else who wants the item would get to buy it. But that is not allowed under their policy. So if a shady character runs it up to my max bid...I am stuck with paying for it. It expires in about 12 hours I thinik. Therefore I shall change my modis operandi of bidding in the future.....or I just may not ever bid on ebay again period. Their just out for the money. Don't care about the bidders.

As a habit, I only bid on items within the last few hours. Most times, within the final few minutes.

They have this policy in place to also protect the seller. If you bid on something, then retract is several hours or days later, you may have very well cost the seller money from others not bidding in the meantime. Not exactly fair to him either is it?

Paul
    Life is expensive... but it does include a free trip around the sun.
    Mottled Fly Fisher - My Fishing Blog

Yup. There are two sides or more to everything, for sure. But it doesn't help my situation any. It's ok. I learn something every day.

+ Reply to Thread