Well - haven't been around for a bit. Busy at work, home, and all points in between. Sent 1st kid way out west off for colledge yesterday - so home is a bit empty (and quiet). But - the boys make sure we know they're still around.
Got involved with Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Canada as the Manitoba Director. So, have a handful there as well getting things moving (slowly). But darned worth the while.
Work is .. work. Wasn't having less than 1 day weekends for quite a while. Summers slow - so now it's time to catch up (and I'm on holidays as of 3hrs 25 minutes ago).
Fly fishing wise ... well, being busy as heck makes it hard to get out. So - I'm making bamboo fly rods now. After 4+ years of dawdling about reading, learning, practicing, etc., finally got the nerve to put the nose to the grindstone and bust up some good Tonkin for a fishable rod. 2 Garrison 212E's, and going on to a Dickerson 7012. Still learning, still improving, but damned - if bamboo casts this great on all tapers - I don't know if I'll be going back to graphite any time soon. The river (5 minute walk from the house) has dropped and slowed down. All the spawning has finished for the most around here, so should be time to tickle the rocks again.
And back here ..... well - it's almost like that comfy sweater (you know, the one your wife wants to throw out). It's just ... comfy. Great to see familiar names still about. And, well, hopefully I'll slow down a bit to drop by enough to see how things are going.
Well, time to check out a few more posts and it's off for a few bamboo slices and slivers...........

Darrell,