Next door neighbors came over yesterday evening to be the witnesses for our new wills. It has been 7 years since we did our last ones and, wow, have there been a lot of changes since then that made the updating worthwhile.

Our wills are fairly simple. So I have yet to use a lawyer or an accountant for this. Instead, I use some fairly inexpensive software. You can find it here: http://www.nolo.com/products/quicken...-plus-WQP.html

If you don't have an up to date will, I encourage you to create one. Having not died yet, I haven't truly tested the efficacy of the software linked above. But I do feel good enough about it to call it to your attention. If it proves insufficient, I shall be beyond caring. It feels good now, though, while I am alive.

The software also helps you make decisions about medical care, leave instructions for your funeral, etc. I had to make a lot of those decisions when my father died, so I know how much you will be helping those you leave behind if you give them this kind of information.