+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hook & Hackle "premium" capes

Hybrid View

Default Hook & Hackle "premium" capes

Anyone have any experience with the Hook & Hackle "Premium" capes? I was wondering what their quality was. I have had good luck with H&H products, but don't want to spend that kind of money on a inferior cape. Thanks

http://store.hookhack.com/HH-Premium.../products/648/

Normand Guest

i have no idea on the quality but i just cant buy hackles online. i gotta inspect them in person before i buy. just my personal preference.

Some people don't have fly shops close to their homes, and cannot hand pick their own capes (or anything else, for that matter). Ron at H&H is a really super guy. You can ask one of the guys to pick a great cape for you, and if it's not up to your liking when it arrives at your house ... send it back. Good people there ... just ask!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

That's why when I need them I get em from Denny at Conranch, never been disappointed yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Normand only 1!!! fly shop in my area will allow me to take capes out of their packages to look at them, the others won't so hands on even when in front of you is not always possible.

Fatman

As Betty Hiner says, Ron at Hook & Hackle is great to deal with but as a regular user of "remote" suppliers I have learned over the years to concentrate on those where you are ordering by one-on-one telephone conversations and not by a written order form. With this being a given, the next step is to get assurance that you are talking to a "fly tier" and not an "order taker". If you want elk hair that is straight, tell them so. Once you have done this you should confirm that materials are returnable. This may seem like quite an ordeal but keep in mind that you have to do it only on the first visit. After that they may remember you by name considering you a good skilled customer and not just a problem maker. Have faith, there are a lot of good guys out there.

Denny is just the best for hackle AND he carries some other goodies. If you aren't his customer as a fly tier you've really missed out!

+ Reply to Thread