+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's with the search function??

Default What's with the search function??

Sheesh. I tried the "search" function, looking for a thread about twisted leaders. I entered "twisted"- no matches. I then entered "furled"- believe it or not, no matches! I finally found the thread started by silvercreek by scrolling through months of threads. After leaving the thread, I tried to "search" for it. "No jig", "jig", "no jig furled leaders"- all with his name in the author slot. "No matches". Yes, I also made sure the other criteria were appropriate. My question: why show a search function if it doesn't work?

Chuck

don't know what's up but I just entered"twisted/furled leaders" and got 17 hits on the subject ?!?!? Silver Creeks post was included.
    Bernie

Normand Guest

i also typed "twisted leaders" and 17 results showed up

it works

Chuck441 - I hate to ask but which search did you use? The one on the front page left top just searches content on the website, NOT the bulletin board. The one on the bulletin board ONLY searches the boards.
    LF

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

The new web format seems a bit quirky. I miss the old one. It took me quite a while to re-learn how to post pictures, and I really miss having the Fly Of The Week included in the archives. Now, I don't know where to look for past patterns after the 2nd quarter 2009. They also used to put out a CD every year with all of the patterns and articles from the past year. I miss those as well.

But, nothing stays the same for very long any more. Just have to live with it and adjust, I suppose.

Semper Fishing.

Hi,

I believe the archives will eventually be updated to make them current, so they will be accessable from the home page. At the moment you can find them in the Reader's Voice section, and the threads have links to the articles. The CDs that were given out were done by Parnelli (Steven McGarthwaite), who's a board member not a board "owner".

- Jeff
    Last edited by JeffHamm; 07-21-2010 at 06:51 AM.
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Well, I found that if I used the above-stated terms in the advanced search, I was left empty handed. If I just used the simple search bar, with the same terms, I got plenty of responses. Thanks, all.

Chuck

+ Reply to Thread