+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Far Do You Travel To Fish

5 minutes to a little pond 30 to a decent lake 1hr to a big lake . all are warm water but for trout it isn't measured in miles but tanks of GAS and it is SEVERAL!!!!!!!!

For warm water, the closest public water is 14 miles. If I want cold water, it is a matter of about 4 hours or more.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

8 minute walk to a river for smaller flathead or channel cats, carp, drum, goldeye, sauger, walleye.
    5 minute drive for rockbass, pike, carp.
    Need to go at least 1 1/2hr + for cold water critters.

darrell,

I live 15 minutes from a boat ramp on Lake Hartwell. A 30 minute ride to a small lake and there are 5 big lakes I can be at within 1 1/2 hours. My closest mountain stream will take close to an hour or so to get to and I have a shallow river 1/8 mile from my home. I am blessed to have many places to fish close to home.

Hi everyone. This is my first post here but hope to make lots more and look forward to talking with all.

I work right next to a National Wildlife Refuge and can be on several ponds in about 5 minutes. I am a mile from a 20 acre lake with plenty of bass and bluegill. I'm pretty new to fly fishing and feel blessed to have access to so many great warm-water fisheries!

3 minute walk to great trout fishing. Have yet to explore the warmwater here, but it will be at least 30 to 60 minutes. I miss the salt as it it is now a lonnnnggg way off.

For steelhead, bass, carp it's a 7 minute drive from door to feet wet. If I am on foot … well you could help me guess … it would be how fast a 230 lbs man could fall say about 45 feet?

Lake Erie is about a 9 minute drive and if I am walking facture in the fall and the current of Rocky River … lets say.30 minutes.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

For brim, bass, wipers, stripers and other warm-water species, about 30 seconds to 15 minutes to fish different areas of Lake Hartwell, SC. For trout, about 50 minutes to fish the Chattooga River on the SC/GA boarder. 8T

This year, about 550 miles from PA to the OBX. Usually no more than 2 hours.

Roy

6 miles to the St.John river, 1 mile to the Indian River Lagoon

+ Reply to Thread