+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chase-ing down a bass

Default Chase-ing down a bass

Boys, I'm headin' out at what is know as the crack of dawn this morning. Wish me luck.
    "A fly must first please the user before the fish."
    Trey Combs: Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies

Good luck! I've never been out there, but have heard it's killer.
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

Is the crack of dawn similar to a quarry pit? I've fished quarry pits before but never cracks.

Good luck just the same - if I make the Kansas fish-in next summer, maybe we can all go to the crack of dawn and fish it for a day.

Either way, be sure and post pictures of your crack of dawn fishing adventure to let us know if it's worth it or not.
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

Uh... Jim... "the crack of dawn" = very early in the morning. It's not a place, man.

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

Of course it is - but the way your post read ("I've never been out there...") it sounded more like an actual place than time of day so I thought I'd play with it a bit - I thought that's what you were doing too.
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

I know exactly where he was going! I just need to go out there myself one of these days and see what's so cool about it. I do love me some spots!

Crack of dawn! I love it. I've been there the past 2 mornings.
    Bruce

Beautiful! Crack of dawn is the time. Thanks for all the good luck- it helped. Zac, we'll have to go together sometime. Neither of my two regular best fishing buddies were up to the task of rolling at 4 am to go yesterday, so I went alone. Any how, if you've never been there, you indeed need to go- clear waters, rocky outcropping, Flint Hills all around, and many, many Spotted Bass! I got a four way on the bass yesterday- Spots, LMB, White Bass, and my first Smallie from this lake, beign the first from this particular lake, but not my first Smallie. The majority of the bass came on my favorite 'guide fly' yellow Gurgler. There were also many Greenies caught and two crappies that showed up in a huge school on my depth finder on the way back across the lake at go home time. When I got the boat loaded up to head home around noon, I found a couple of visitors clinging to the spray rail on the side of the boat.

Attachment 5287 Attachment 5288 Attachment 5291 Attachment 5289 Attachment 5290
    Last edited by ROR-EYE; 07-18-2010 at 05:38 PM.
    "A fly must first please the user before the fish."
    Trey Combs: Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies

For those of us that have no idea what place you are talking about, Where is there (crack of dawn)?

I'm thinking that the "crack of dawn" is an unintentional red-herring. The real clue is in the title. That clue is further validated by the trip report from the Flint Hills an 3 kinds of black bass from one lake. Ror-eye---did you stop at the restaurant in town for ice cream?.....my granddaughter named for the restaurant and the county.....

+ Reply to Thread