Quote Originally Posted by quivira kid View Post
...Could you do the same or something very similar with a telescoping "cane pole" type rod? Or are the actions too different?
... a telescoping cane pole type rod, Zac, so I can't really answer your question.

From my experience last year fishing an 8' for 5 wt bamboo fly rod exclusively for six months, it is hard for me to imagine a 13' rod fashioned from bamboo ( or any material other than graphite ) that would weigh 2.7 ounces, balance beautifully, and cast effortlessly.

H.A. - Some folks are going to be negative about anything that doesn't fit their experience or preferences. Those folks should not discourage open minded people from talking about this or any other approach to fly angling. Not to worry about "peace." You beat me to the punch today suggesting to Deanna that she approach Tenkara about becoming a sponsor. Maybe this thread would cause them to give it serious consideration.

Warren - I'm getting a new furling jig set up in the next week or two. I think that I will be able to make my own Tenkara lines. If it doesn't work out, I'll be in touch with you about furling me a couple.

John