Last year around this time, one of the other members here introduced us to the Cap Spider fly as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZekzILGRI. I thought it looked interesting so I figured it would make a good addition to my summer pattern box for bream. Well, I was certainly right in my estimation. I finally got to get out a bit last evening. It started VERY slow and my old standby black leech wasn't doing the trick. I switched to a black cap spider with yellow banded legs and caught a nice little bream on the first cast. I contuinued picking up the occasional fish here and there for about 45 minutes. I even caught one when I tossed the fly over the side of the kayak as I undid a tangle in my line. I felt a tug on the line I was working on and had to hand-land a bream so it would leave me alone to staighten out my mess. Around 8pm, I got into the big boys with the first fish going just a bit under 14 inches. I had another 20 minutes of fun with very nice bream before I called it a night. This is a terrific summer pattern that should be in every bream fisherman's box. I forget who introduced it last year, but if you know who you are thanks for sharing a great pattern.

Jim Smith