This is one of Jim's inexpensive neon lime green blanks that he found on Ebay. It was put together with stuff I had laying around except for the hardware. I had the gold stripper and when I laid it next to the blank after painting, it had found a home. I ordered the PacBay guides and seat skeleton. The grip is my very first attempt at turning my own. I had turned it for another rod, but it came out way too small for the guy who had ordered the rod so I turned another one for his rod leaving this one homeless. The cherry insert was left over from a set that had a cherry grip as well as reel seat. I used the grip on another rod and had the insert left over.

If anyone else is building on one of these, they take a size 6 tip top.

The blank was de-glossed and wiped down, then painted with Rustoleum Universal 'Oil Rubbed Bronze' I had a kind of rough finish when dry, so I hit it with a Scotchbrite pad to smooth it out. From there, things were pretty straight forward.

Here are the final specs. Custom Painted 8', 3pc, 5w, Fiberglass w/ slow action. Gold colored PacBay A5 reel seat with cherry insert, gold framed stripper and gold PacBay single foot guides. The wraps are Olive nylon with no CP, accented with 3 turns of Copper Metallic. It is finished off with a jungle cock inlay.