A week full of firsts for me. I caught my first trout on a fly that I tied. And yesterday I caught a carp on a fly for the first time. Most importantly though, my 5 year old boy caught his first fish on a fly on his very first cast with a fly. I rigged him up a little fly rod out of some old fly line and an old pole. he didnt' have a reel, but he got the idea of stripping line and casting a little anyway, and he caught a sunperch which he said was a "very pretty fish" and I have to agree with him there. I'm not sure which one of us was grinning the biggest. I took plenty of pics, but it was on a disposable camera, my digital camera has gave up the ghost. Soon as I get them developed I'll get someone that knows how to scan them in and post them.

hNt

PS how do you guys present a fly to a carp? I was trying to do some very slow stripping and that didnt' seem to interest them and I tried just letting it sit and that didnt' seem to interest them. I caught the one, but to be honest I was so excited I forgot what I was doing when it hit.