My brother told me one of the kids I knew in elementary school died recently. He lost both legs in Vietnam but never let that stop him from farming and doing the things he wanted for the most part. None of those guys were treated the way they should have when they returned from SE Asia, later efforts for society's failures are nice but do not make up for the disgraceful acts of many, particularly in the big cities. Luckily I lived in small towns where we welcomed the guys home as having served their country and done their duty. I wasn't very old when Korean War ended, but those guys have largely been forgotten. Just think what a mess all Korea would be had the American service man with the help of a few friends not stepped up. One of the doctors who served in the MS National Guard Unit that book MASH was written about lived about a mile from me for 18 years. I regret I never really got to know him, the author had him read the original draft of the book to ensure the dialect was authetically southern. Then we have my Dad's generation, Mr. Fitzpatrick and friends, who enlisted for the duration and endured one of the outer rings of hell in many cases. The reaction of the young people and the Pat Tillman's gave me a whole new faith in America's future and our young people. It certainly appears they will step up and defend their country as patriotic have done since the shot fired in Concord many years ago.