This is probably the wrong place in the forum to post this, but I wanted to be sure all of you fly tiers seen this. We just got back from Unicoi, where I caught my first trout on a fly that I tied!!! I've caught a few fish on my flies before but never a trout. I caught 2 rainbow and 6 browns on flies that I tied. The 1st one was a bow I caught on a SHWAPF. It seemed the appropriate choice, since it was one of Al's favorites and without his online tutorial I'm sure it wouldn't have happened. I immediately took that fly off my tippet and put it on my fly patch so that I could keep it, but when I got back to the car it was gone I caught the rest of them off of hare's ears and scuds. But I wanted to say thanks to all of you at FAOL for making this possible, it was a real thrill. Special thanks to LF for allowing me to sit in around her virtual fishing camp, the late Al Campbell for his tying tutorials, Warren for all of the fly tying stuff he gave me when I got started and Jack for getting me started, and Hidehunter for his squirell tails, that's where the SHWAPF came from. And to all the rest of you that have answered all my questions. I'm sure I've tried your patience on more than a few times, but thanks to all of you, you guys are the best.

thanks again,
Jason

PS I'll try to post some pics later on, I do have pics But my wife is going back to school and has to use this comp to take a midterm due by the end of the week. I'd try to post them now, but it's 3 in the morning and I'm sleepy and don't remember how to post a pic. thanks again!