+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: do you wet wade?

Default do you wet wade?

I have left the waders home the last few times out and have really enjoyed it. it helps to have some comfortable footwear, I use my wading boots and simms wading socks. The northern michigan straems are not that cold this time of year and the water feels great on a hot day. anyone else prefer to get wet?

I'm in Mi as well and I wet wade the Au Sable all the time from about late May till mid September. Nothing better on a hot 95 degree day like today than just sliding on some socks and the wading boots with a pair of shorts and walking out into the river.

Steve

I leave the waders home from the beginning of April until the end of October.

While I avoid shorts because of poison ivy, nettle and other stuff; I do wear a pair of long microfiber pants, my regular wading shoes and the Simms Guard Socks.

I HATE waders!

I usually do. Last week I was in Wyoming though, and the water temps were still very cold, so I wore them... I'll wet wade in cold weather and water, but when both are in the 30's it's a little too much.

Rarely do I. This weekend it was 90+ degrees every day. I was in my waders in a tail water and had to get out for a while because I was chilled. What a wonderful feeling. Wet was not needed. The direct cold can become difficult on one's old tired joints.

jed

It depends on the water. If its easy wading and hot out, i might go barefoot with just shorts and a shirt. I have a pair of waders but i have never used them. i dont own wading boots, but I should probably invest in a pair. Where I live most of the fishing is done from shore or from a boat. I like fishing barefoot though, it makes me feel close to nature. I like having the bare essentials and still catch fish, although the looks I get from the guys all decked out.
    David

Been wet wading the last week or so, now that the temps have gotten up. Just use a couple of pair of socks to make up the room in waing boots. Quick and easy. Water still cold, but doesn't tale long to get used to it.

I enjoy wet wading during the summer months as well. I use my regular wading boots with neoprene boots that I cut off from an old pair of waders.

As others have noted, I like to wear long pants for protection while bushwhacking through nettles, raspberry vines and such. However, the usual light weight nylon fishing pants don't offer much protection, especially when they are wet. Anyone know of a good wading pant solution that is quick drying, but sturdy enough for bushwhacking?

As others have noted, I like to wear long pants for protection while bushwhacking through nettles, raspberry vines and such. However, the usual light weight nylon fishing pants don't offer much protection, especially when they are wet. Anyone know of a good wading pant solution that is quick drying, but sturdy enough for bushwhacking?
    How about some waist high breathable waders? That's what I use when I wear waders (hate chest waders). I got my waist high breathables from cabelas for about $89

Steve

Whenever temps make it feasable. I prefer it over waders.

+ Reply to Thread