+ Reply to Thread

Thread: do you wet wade?

Hybrid View

Default do you wet wade?

I have left the waders home the last few times out and have really enjoyed it. it helps to have some comfortable footwear, I use my wading boots and simms wading socks. The northern michigan straems are not that cold this time of year and the water feels great on a hot day. anyone else prefer to get wet?

I'm in Mi as well and I wet wade the Au Sable all the time from about late May till mid September. Nothing better on a hot 95 degree day like today than just sliding on some socks and the wading boots with a pair of shorts and walking out into the river.

Steve

I leave the waders home from the beginning of April until the end of October.

While I avoid shorts because of poison ivy, nettle and other stuff; I do wear a pair of long microfiber pants, my regular wading shoes and the Simms Guard Socks.

I HATE waders!

I usually do. Last week I was in Wyoming though, and the water temps were still very cold, so I wore them... I'll wet wade in cold weather and water, but when both are in the 30's it's a little too much.

Rarely do I. This weekend it was 90+ degrees every day. I was in my waders in a tail water and had to get out for a while because I was chilled. What a wonderful feeling. Wet was not needed. The direct cold can become difficult on one's old tired joints.

jed

It depends on the water. If its easy wading and hot out, i might go barefoot with just shorts and a shirt. I have a pair of waders but i have never used them. i dont own wading boots, but I should probably invest in a pair. Where I live most of the fishing is done from shore or from a boat. I like fishing barefoot though, it makes me feel close to nature. I like having the bare essentials and still catch fish, although the looks I get from the guys all decked out.
    David

Been wet wading the last week or so, now that the temps have gotten up. Just use a couple of pair of socks to make up the room in waing boots. Quick and easy. Water still cold, but doesn't tale long to get used to it.

+ Reply to Thread