My wife and I went out to our favorite stream about an hours drive...normally we take the dogs... this is the first outing of the summer for the dogs 2 boxers and 1 shih tzu... well I have never had any bad snake dog encouters before today and very few encounters snake versus fisherman in the 30 plus years fishing in an area that it is not unusual to encounter rattle snakes, bull, water snakes etc. ... to get to the point our female boxer was doing her normal exploring when we heard a yip which is uncommon for her... so I wasstartled I called she came running from about 50 ft away and jumped in the cool water and pawing at her face I examined her and observed 2 bleeding holes just above her right eye I had my wife come and we left in a hurry me carrying the dog to the car and making a fast exit to the nearest county vet very fotunate to be only about 10 miles away we had never thought of getting our dogs vacinated for rattlesnake bitesWe will be after today! Our girl is very uncomfortable tonight but the vet told us she had a very good chance of living a long life with the regimine of meds she is now taking for the short term.., so take my little lesson and pay the 25 dollars for the shot and it will save you a lot of money and heartache if you lose your beloveded pet.

Flyfisher121