I have had a FC4 for going on 3 years now. I am not sure how warm it gets out there, but my only caution is to not pump the bladders up too full - they expand with heat. The folks at Outcast recommend being able to push your thumb about an inch down for maximum pressure. I have blown a few bladders and Outcast has replaced them free of charge every time. I haven't found a better group of people when it comes to customer service than Outcast!

A PFD is required in Nebraska but is not required to be worn unless under a certain age (not sure how young). So, I strap my PFD to the carry strap at the union on the two bladders and don't mind it getting wet. It is there for the LEOs but I am a confident swimmer and I don't chance it in nasty wind.

I carry a 3lb. fold-able claw anchor on 50 ft. of parachute cord from Wal-Mart. It is light enough to pack but sturdy on the bottom I can hold still in the never-ending Nebraska 10-20 mph wind. I have carabiners on all 4 D rings to attach the anchor. Also, if you plan to keep your catch (like crappies and bluegills in my case) buy a cheap basket from Wally World and attach a floating pool noodle toy around the top. Then clip it to the carabiner and you have your catch staying fresh but not too stressed.

The area behind the seatback fits a 3 gallon bucket perfectly, too! It is the kind that Baskin Robbins or your local ice cream shop carries (they look funny when you ask, but just tell them there is less calories in the bucket than the ice cream ). I put extra supplies in there. I have noticed that bigger fish tend to get the pockets wet so I have progressed to waterproof fly boxes for all my flies.

I love my tube!!! If you have any questions or concerns, I am happy to share my thoughts. I don't have a boat, 'yak, 'toon or any other flotation device to fish out of so I fish exclusively out of my FC4. My favorite thing about my tube is getting pulled around by big fish!

Keep the float tube reports coming!

Scott