+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina!

Threeday,Pillcaster,Bill,and John once again thank-you for the info! Pill caster that link definitely hit a soft spot with us. Eating good bbq is something akin to religion in this particular household. Threeday thanks for the link, most helpful. Bill that last comment made me laugh, I do not have enough fingers, toes, or memory space to recall all the times that I have been "flipped by a fin". John thanks for the link and the camping info. We were suprised to read on the national park site that there was no electric available. I joked with the wife ( she has sleep apnea and can rattle windows loose on neighboring houses with her snoring ) that we could leave the mace and handguns at home because she will have scared the wildlife in the whole county without her sleep machine. Thanks again to all for the information you are making the planning of this trip less stressful!

God Bless,
    Brian

Hi Brian. Welcome to FAOL from SoCal. You been lurking long enough to know the Newbies from NC bring the BBQ to the fish-ins. Oh ya, you are the bbq. My all time favorite town in NC has always been Mayberry. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Brian, welcome to FAOL from here in west central Mo. Great folks here with lots of information and help. Take care and enjoy yourself here, John.

bbq---You will be very close to the time the False Albacore are in at Cape Lookout/ Beaufort/ Morehead City. (just a short trip to the north)

10 wt action thats tough to match. Its charterboat fishing and most guides will have a rod that they can provide for you. I'll be there toward the end of October.
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Quote Originally Posted by bbq View Post
    We were suprised to read on the national park site that there was no electric available.
    Hey Brian, They have electric at most sites. What they don't have is showers.
    John

I would definitely look into some of the saltwater action that you're going to be so close to. Topsail Island is about a 10 minute drive out the back gate (getting out to the back gate will probably take you longer than it will to get to Topsail after you're out). Depending on what you're interested in doing, there are a few places just a short drive from Jacksonville. Wilmington is about an hour south on 17. There are some really good guides down there. Even if you don't do any fishing, Wilmington is a great town with lots to do (and I'm not just saying that because I lived there).

Call some of the local shops in Asheville. They'll definitely be able to put on some good stuff. Time may not permit it, but Boone is also a good place to check out.

Thank-you all for your outstanding info!!! We have decided to leave this great state and visit ya'lls on the first of Oct. we will be in N.C. until the 6th and then we are taying at elkmont till the 11th. Thanks again ya'll really did help with our decision process.

God Bless,
    Brian

First, Welcome aboard! Second, a bunch of us are getting together the 8th, 9th and 10th of October in Townshend. That's on the TN side of the mountains, I'm not sure where Elkmont is? but I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to share in the fun. I'm sure there will be some guys along soon that can fill you in on all the details.

welcome again,
    hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Elkmont is not far from towsend on the map! After reading the thread it will be nice to meet all of you there. Can't wait!!

bbq

Take a look at this thread. It has all of the info on the gathering...

Brad

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ssee-Gathering

+ Reply to Thread