Thread: Slope caddis...

Threaded View

Post Slope caddis...

I have been playing around with these new hooks...

and wanted to come up with a Caddis cripple/emerger that hug low in the surface film...

SLOPE CADDIS Lemme.. see here...hmmmm...I went with scraggly...
    HOOK: Gamakatsu C-16B. #16-#18
    THREAD: Gordon Griffiths 14/0 Sheer Tan and White
    ABDOMEN: Gordon Griffiths 14/0, Sheer White, ( built with a pronounced hump at the bend)
    TAG: Holo Tinsel, Gold
    OVER ABDOMEN: Stalcup's Micro Midge Tubing, Tan, Grey, Olive Chart. or Brown
    THORAX: SLF Prism, Tan, Lt. Grey, Brown/Olive, Olive, Peacock or Chocolate Brown
    OUTRIGGERS: Thin strands of Snowshoe Rabbit's Foot, Light Dun, Medium Dun or Dark Dun
    UNDER WING: Three strands of Krystal Flash, Root beer, UV Tan, Olive, Rust, Pearl or UV Gray
    WING: Coastal Deer Hair, Tan, Natural or Darker Mottled Shades, tied bullet ?style
    This Caddis Cripple/Emerger was meant to be messy. I wanted the abdomen to hang lower in the water. The abdomen is a proven design off John Barr's Graphic Caddis. The Snowshoe Rabbit outriggers are for additional support and motion. I went with the full length of the fibers rather than clipping them. The KF under wing is for sparkle I really like SLF Prism for it's translucent quality and sparkle...

I figure it might get a few rises here...

up along that far bank on the East Walker River, about dusk to dark, where my Son Michael is tossing a RAM Caddis, about 20 years ago...

I subscribe to the DEAN ENDRESS philosophy of Fly Tying..Make the SUCKA' look alive and struggling...

PT/TB
    Last edited by planettrout; 07-06-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/