+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted to buy: Used vise

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Wanted to buy: Used vise

Hello there! I am interested in buying a used vise, preferably one that may be gathering dust in the bowels for your basement or closet. *wink* Currently, I tie all of my flies on the vise included in this kit.

DSC_1347.jpg
    It has served me well these past 6 months as I've been a novice tyer, but now I've begun to run into problems such as hook slippage, or the lever tightening jaws getting stuck, etc. especially when tying flies that need a bit more skill/tension, such as bass bugs. Additionally, since the vise is permanently mounted in the box, it slides all over my desk at the most inconvenient of times. So, I'd like to get a vise to replace it and make fly-tying less frustrating.
    I do have a budget though, I am hoping to find one well under $100 since I am a nursing student and this is a leisure activity. Though, in addition to monetary compensation, I could keep you well supplied with flies for years to come. (Just ask JohnScott if you'd like an opinion on my tying ability). I don't need anything super fancy - though head angle adjustment would be wonderful, and a rotary vise would be awesome, though I don't expect really to find one so inexpensive.
    I'd rather purchase a used vise partially for financial reasons but mostly to do my part to reuse and relove and limit the amount of packaging material that gets thrown into landfills. C-clamp or pedestal I don't really have a preference. I am left-handed but can tie either right or left-handed, so that isn't a limiting factor.
    Please pm or e-mail me (karlirae10@gmail.com) if you have a vise you would be interested in selling/trading.

Thank you!

Karli-Rae

p.s. I have other skills to trade as well, such a photo enhancement/repair & design (such as montages/collages/slideshows for events) using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign. And website design/development using Wordpress, if any of that would be useful to anyone. And of course, custom-tied flies!

DSC_1338.jpgDSC_1341.jpg
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

I have a DanVise and the base you see on BT's website, replaced with a Griffin. Anyhow PM me, trade would me fine except for mailing costs.
    Shouldn't be much though as they are light weight.

A DanVise it's one he.. of a vise and it sells NEW for less than 100 U$. I can't quite remember his name, but they're sponsors and you should be able to contact their distributor in the states on this very same BB.

BT's is the Sponsor *S* See the SPONSOR page : http://www.flyanglersonline.com/about/companies.php
    Hugs, LF

Blog Entries

Thanks Ladyfisher!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread