+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An East Tennessee Gathering

Hybrid View

Default An East Tennessee Gathering

Kaboom1 (Brad Sherrick), FatBill (Bill Horner), Warren Patterson (WarrenP) and myself, Jack Hise, will be getting together in Townsend, Tennessee on Oct. 8th-10th to fish the Little River and the Great Smoky Mnts. National Park. All are invited to join us and wet a line in one of the most beautifull areas in North America!

We plan to stay at Dock's Motel on the Little River as I have stayed there and will never again refer anyone to a place I have not stayed! Did that once and I was lucky my friends forgave me for that one!!

This is in prelude to holding a future FAOL Fish-In there for our South East members. Sort of a scouting trip to feel out the area.

Super Duper and go for it! Please contact me for some suggestions on some things to keep in mind for a successful happy Fish-In.
    Hugs,
    LF

While I am not the most social person in the world (wife will vouch for that) I would seriuosly consider this event. I have been a lurker/member of FAOL for a a number of years. Perhaps it is time to do some socializing. We have vacationed in Townsend for the better part of 17 years (our first vacation when we were married) it is a great place.

Please keep me (all of us) posted on this event.

Bob

I really think I could do this one! Need to check with my sweetie-pie....
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Jack,

I mentioned this to Don today and he said he was interested in going too. We just may pull this off and have a great time.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

Default Townsend

I will be checking the area out as well Aug 21-28th. Although the fishing may not be good in the heat, I will certainly consider attending a Fish In there at an alternate time.

Sounds good to me, Jack! Not that I've learned how to catch 'em, but I do know a few spots thereabouts.
    John

Count me in on this one Warren
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Jack,

I mentioned this to Don today and he said he was interested in going too. We just may pull this off and have a great time.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Hi Warren, Butterfly and I are both recovered from the fish-in and the further debouchery at my brother's for the fourth. I enjoyed finally meeting you also. This sounds like a great trip you have coming up. I spent some time at a family reunion earlier this year talking to my cousin's son-in-law about trout and the Carolina side of the park where he fishes. Get your new rod built. It will be ideal for the kind of streams we talked about.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread