+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HARROP'S HENRY'S FORK CADDIS - Fly of the Week - July 5, 2010

Blog Entries

Default HARROP'S HENRY'S FORK CADDIS - Fly of the Week - July 5, 2010

HARROP'S HENRY'S FORK CADDIS

"I give a tip of the hat to BB member Normand for an idea on how to present this very effective caddis pattern." - John Scott

Any chance we might get to learn the presentation tip for this fly? You just can't leave me hanging after mentioning "very effective fly" and presentation tip in the same sentence!

Johnscott. Another simple, effective fly. Thanks for the tutorial. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Great pattern. It has been my favorite go to caddis pattern for a while. Thanks John.

Great pattern. Effective pretty much everywhere. Nicely done.

Yeah, a link to the presentation tip would be nice...or maybe it shouldn't have been mentioned.

Default Lost in the transmission ....

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    Yeah, a link to the presentation tip would be nice...or maybe it shouldn't have been mentioned.
    A few weeks ago, Normand posted a tutorial that he had prepared for another site. He had the tying instructions printed on the photos for each step of the tying sequence.

Most of the FOTWs I've submitted have warranted rather lengthy tying instructions, way too much verbiage to include on the photos of the tying steps. Not the HHFC. Simple fly. Simple instructions.

The intent was to have only the opening and closing comments and a series of six photos. Something very different from my prior submissions. Unfortunately, the color that I chose, which looked great on my home computer while I was preparing the "presentation", got lost in the transmission, and the tying instructions are practically unreadable at least on a couple of the photos. Neil and / or Ron salvaged the presentation by adding the tying instructions for each step.

John

P.S. As far as a presentation tip goes, how about two of them. First, when you include the tying instructions on the photos for your next FOTW presentation, use black like Normand did, not that gaudy color I chose. Second, while I usually present this fly dead drift on top, the last fish I caught on the South Fork of the Snake before I moved to Montana was a big cutthroat that took it as a wet fly on a down and across swing.
    Last edited by JohnScott; 07-08-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    The fish are always right.

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    The intent was to have only the opening and closing comments and a series of six photos. Something very different from my prior submissions. Unfortunately, the color that I chose, which looked great on my home computer while I was preparing the "presentation", got lost in the transimission, and the tying instructions are practically unreadable at least on a couple of the photos. Neil and / or Ron salvaged the presentation by adding the tying instructions for each step.

John

P.S. As far as a presentation tip goes, how about two of them. First, when you include the tying instructions on the photos for your next FOTW presentation, use black like Normand did, not that gaudy color I chose. Second, while I usually present this fly dead drift on top, the last fish I caught on the South Fork of the Snake before I moved to Montana was a big cutthroat that took it as a wet fly on a down and across swing.
    i was going to mention the color of the lettering but didnt know how well my comment would be received. black or white should be better. other than that, its a great photographic presentation and fly pattern.

John,
    Don't beat yourself up about the photos. We've seen the great pictures in your fishing reports and on the tying board.
    I've seen this pattern before, but somehow never got around to tying it. Now it's on my list to tie up this week and try it out. It just looks like a winner. Thanks for presenting it.
    Rex

+ Reply to Thread