+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ebay???

Hybrid View

Default Ebay???

I was messing around on Ebay and noticed that there are alot of fly tying materials for sale on there...I never have bought anything off there, but I was curious if anyone else has...
    Raiderhunter....Always In Search Of Water and Fish....

I recently bought several hundred hooks off of eBay. They were exactly as advertised and shipped immediately upon payment. Be careful to read the descriptions and try to buy from "top rated" sellers.

I have bought a few fly tying items, materials and tools on ebay. Usually save a few pennies. One caveat is to check what they charge for shipping. You might get some fur, feathers or hooks for a smokin' price and find out ya gotta pay $12.95 for S&H. I usually check the seller's feedback before I'll bid or buy it now. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

I've bnought a large number of items from ebay and as long as you check the feedback on the seller and as Jim mentioned check what they will charge for shipping and handling, you shouldn't have any problems. I look for sellers that have a large number of feedback responses and a rating of at least 99%. While I will occasionally bid on something from someone with a lower rating, I will not bid on any item where the sellers rating is lower than 97%, but that's just my standards that I go by. Good luck.

Jim Smith

Ebay is great. But it's presonally for things that you already know about. For instance, if you've never even seen the difference between a top quality and a 2nd rate hackle.....then Ebay is a risky place to buy hackle. But if you've already seen and identified something, like say a specific type of dubbing or winging material?....then it's great.

Blog Entries

I needed deer fur, got tired of 2 inch squares from the local fly shop bought about a 10 year supply from a taxidermist on ebay. like everyone else says buyer beware read the comments.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

+ Reply to Thread