+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eflytyer.com

Default Eflytyer.com

Anyone ever heard of Eflytyer.com that sells material. The owner is Mike Hogue of Badger Creek Flytying out of NY. I was looking at their website the other day and am wondering if they are reputable people to do business with. I am taking the plunge into realistic fly tying and they have the legs that I want.

Thanks,
    Seege

I have always been pleased with with both quality and service.

Mike's business is only a few miles from my home and I've met him a few times and bought from him at his shop a couple of times. Sometimes he's a bit slow with email responses if he's traveling and he does have a day job, I believe. He's reputable and he has some great stuff. I'll be buying from him again.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Mike as has always done well by me.
    He gaive me alot of help when I first got into tying.

Rick

Mike Hogue (Badger Creek)is one of the nicest, most honest people there is to deal with and he carries top flight products. He is a one man operation and works another full time job, so sometimes he may be hard to get in contact with, especially during the show season. I highly recommend Mike, check out his website as to how he started his business and download some of his patterns. Tell him Megabellas did not have what you were looking for. Even if you don't buy anything from him, subscribe to his newsletter for monthly specials and Iowa humor.

Fireman, Thanks for the tip. I just checked out Eflytyer.com and lost and hour just reading some of the things on that site. I will try it out soon. I always need something, while tying, this time of year!

Mike is great to do business with. I've gotten much of my flytying equipment from him, and he doesn't always have everything in stock, but generally he can replace it with something else or get it to the customer in a timely fashion.

------------------

Have been dealing with Mike for years, he's quality people.

Mike is a good guy used to deal with him when he lived here in IA, saw him last year at our State convention it was good to talk with him

Mike spearheaded the changing of the name of his TU Chapter to "The Leon Chandler Chapter." Some of you may remember the late Leon "Comparadun" Chandler, a regular as 'Comp" in the chat room.
    Just thought I would throw this tidbit in as
    everyone has covered Mike pretty well. I see him at the shows all the time.
    Realistics! My kind of guy!

+ Reply to Thread