+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revivex Product

Hybrid View

Default Revivex Product

Whcih Revivex product should i use to restore the water repellency to my waders, "Spray-on Water Repellent or Soft Shell Water Repellent"?

How does one wash waders as a pre-requisite to applying the repellent? What does one do to "heat" the waders after the repellent is applied?

Normand Guest

i usually go to the wader manufactures website for precise directions on how to clean their product

or

http://www.trails.com/how_1207_clean...le-waders.html
    Last edited by Normand; 06-30-2010 at 02:34 PM.

I have always used the Revivex Spray-On Water Repellent and set it with a hair dryer as recommended by my wader manufacturer. It takes a while but the results are worth it IMHO.

Another way I have set it is in the clothes dryer with a shelf attachment used for sneakers that sits in the drum and allows drying WITHOUT tumbling. All wader manufacturers I have spoke with don't like the tumbling thing.

McNett, now makes Air Dry Water Repellent that doesn't require heat setting. I don't how it compares or lasts as compared to the heat setting type but a call to McNett will probably get you the answer.

As far as washing goes, based on my experience with Simms, I only use powdered detergent or the Revivex Synthetic Fabric Cleaner and wash BY hand, not in a machine. I know many people do the washing thing in a machine but the manufacturers I've spoke with, don't recommend it which is why calling YOUR wader manufacturer FIRST is good advice.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread