+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How is this for a Monday?

Hybrid View

Default How is this for a Monday?

1st off I lost a crown Saturday on one of my back teeth which had kept me awake for 2 nights. Made dentist appointment for Monday afternoon. Went home on the way to dentist to learn my water heater had just failed. Before going to dentist removed failed water heater. Off to dentist office to find out it would cost $800.00 after insurance to save tooth. Decided I didn't need tooth anymore and had it removed. No problem except the thing broke into pieces while being removed. Two hours later I leave the dentist office with a very sore jaw bone. Oh, I have a doctor appointment I need to get to for review of some blood tests. Doctor informed me I have diabetes and hepatitis c. The reason I had a blood test was to find out any hidden ailments prior to surgery for a hernia which I see the surgeon for today. Ok done with doctors for awhile now off to the store to buy new water heater. $550.00 later and I am heading home to install new propane water heater. It is now 6:00PM and I haven?t had the chance to eat all day. Good luck with that with a mouth full of gauze. Wife makes me some soup and I managed to drink some of it while installing water heater. Installed water heater without to many hassles. A little reconstruction of the closet to accommodate the larger water heater is all. Turn water on, no leaks and after about 45 minutes we have hot water. Finished up with everything about 10:00PM.

Thanks for listening to my whine. I needed to tell someone.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

sounds like a typical day for me. man nothing ever goes right.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

My life story. You know Murphy's Law, right?. How about O'leary's Rule???? THat is what I go by. He thought Murphy was an optimist!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TANGLEFOOT View Post
    My life story. You know Murphy's Law, right?. How about O'leary's Rule???? THat is what I go by. He thought Murphy was an optimist!!!!!!!!
    I know murphy's law but what is O'leary's rule?

And Kerry, at least you didn't total your car on the way back from the doctor's. But I have had better Monday's.
    "Tell me and I forget,
    Teach me and I remember,
    Involve me and I learn."

~~Benjamin Franklin~~

Sometimes life just doesn't suck lol
    If at first you don't succeed ... Then sky diving may not be the sport for you

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E. View Post
    I know murphy's law but what is O'leary's rule?

And Kerry, at least you didn't total your car on the way back from the doctor's. But I have had better Monday's.
    I think it was O'Leary's Corollary...

O'Leary's Corollary: (to Murphy's Law) - Murphy was an optimist. (An alternative version states if everything seems to be going well, you have clearly overlooked something.)

Found it here:
    http://www.glossaryofmanufacturing.com/o.html#Ol
    Tim

nighthawk Guest

Dear Lord Kerry many prayers coming your way! What type of diabetes? Both the diabetes and the hepatitis c can be treated. I am glad to help anyway I can. Just PM me and will do.

Wow, good job on the water heater install and i'm really glad not to hear your entire house was flooded and kept flooding for 6 to 8 weeks !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

P.S. Summers are starting up the Umpqua.

Yep, you need to push the do-over button.

Sorry Kerry, you sure don't need that - nephew Tom is also diabetic and didn't find out until he was in his 40s. Has it under control, but wasn't anything he expected either. Will keep you in our prayers too.
    Hugs,
    Deanna

+ Reply to Thread