+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is my kinda "yak"

Hybrid View

Default This is my kinda "yak"

http://www.mokai.com/instructional-videos.html

Click the demo.

I could get into a 'yak like this...
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

That looks like a blast. I admit that even though my vessel of choice these days is a solo quiet wilderness type kevlar canoe, I would absolutely love to tool around the local lakes in one of those. And it's made nearby! Thanks for the link, mao. Now... to keep from drooling on my keyboard.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

I will have to admit that would be a fun craft. My introduction to it kind of turned me off because the owners kept running through the pool above and below a small rapid on the Hooche I like to fish. In his hands it was just a low powered water ski with a low center of balance. The concept is very good however, if you could installed a seat on the back above the existing seat for fishing purposes and a small trolling motor on the nose. 8 hours operation on 3 gallons of gas is very good also.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

$3500 a pop is a little pricey for me right now> Times 2 wife wants one $7000. I will stick with my malibu Xfactor and the wife's malibu stealth for now $1200 in both of them and tons of fun http://www.malibukayaks.com/

But when the lottery comes thru for me look out Mokia!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one about a year ago and love it for fishing the White river here in Arkansas. It allows me to travel up or down stream without worring about shuttling cars. It can move in shallow water (about 5 or 6 inches) and can travel upstream against a pretty swift current. I sometimes sit on the lip of the cockpit or stand with no fear of capsizing. Though I usually use it to travel from spot to spot and then get out and wade fish. Its a bit heavey for rooftop carring though it can br done. I installed an electric winch in the back of my pickup and made a small ramp that attaches to the tailgate. This makes it easy to load.

+ Reply to Thread